Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Talent Leads to Extra Cash

To help out the cash flow, my husband did a side job on his furlough day. Luckily he enjoys landscaping as well as being handy with odd jobs. He trimmed a tree for one person and did some household repairs for someone else. Earned enough to buy some groceries.

My tip to everyone is to look at your interests and see if you can turn it into a small side business. I notice a lady in my area is advertising her sewing skills to alter and repair clothing. Someone else is offering to run errands. I was thinking today about a dog poop business. What if I charged $10 per yard each week and got as few as 5 yards? I could get it all done on a Saturday morning and make $50 for the week. Not a bad idea!

Think outside the box to come up with a quick business that doesn't require a lot of upfront cash. Good luck!

No comments: